Built atop reclaimed land on the shores of a metropolis, Cyberport is a major infrastructure project that was developed by a private IT/IS company working in a partnership with the local government. This partnership created a high-tech office campus to attract information technology business to the area.
The site is a 59 acre parcel of land, on which has been built a new “Silicon Valley” with 1,650,000 SF (153,290 SM) of offices, hotel, retail an intermodal center, and facilities for Cyberport. The project also includes 4,035,000 SF (374,864 SM) of residential space for a total development of 5,685,000 SF (528,154 SM). Cyberport was opened in phases over a period of four years, having begun in early 2002 and completing in December 2006. An extensive Public Transport Terminal at Cyberport includes facilities for operation of buses, green minibuses and taxis.
* AIA Miami | Award of Excellence in Architecture
* Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) | Design Award of Excellence
* Travel Weekly Globe Awards | Best Asia Pacific Hotel Group
* Intelligent Community Forum | Intelligent Building of the Year Award
* Miami + Beach Bienal | Bienal Gold Award