Arquitectonica designed the master plan, architecture, and landscape architecture for the most ambitious of all of Arquitectonica’s downtown Miami projects is Brickell City Centre (BCC), a five-million-square-foot complex that spans more than five city blocks and includes three levels of shops, office towers, and a 352-suite hotel. The master plan includes a new transit station for the Eighth Street Metromover and a vast underground parking garage, one that weaves in and around the existing streetscape, and merges with the city itself.
This 5 million square foot (464,515m2) development includes 729,000 square feet (68,000m2) of retail and entertainment; nearly 1,000,000 square feet (93,000m2) of office; nearly 1,400 residential units; a 352-key hotel; 89 serviced apartments (operated by the hotel); and two levels of below-grade parking. Phase 1, with 5 million SF, is completing construction, having already opened the EAST hotel, the two office buildings, and the two residential condominium towers. The retail mall opened in November 2016. The development is the largest construction project in the United States. Arquitectonica designed Brickell City Centre to meet both LEED-Neighborhood sustainability standards and LEED-New Construction (NC) and Core & Shell (CS) accreditation for the development’s individual buildings.
* AIA Miami | Merit Award of Excellence for Urban Design
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | (EAST Hotel) Best Overall Hotel (Merit Award of Excellence)
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | (EAST Hotel) The People's Choice Award
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | (Quinto La Huella) Best Restaurant (Merit Award of Excellence)
* AIA Miami Hospitality Design Awards | (Sugar Miami) Best Nightclub, Bar & Lounge (Honorable Mention)
* Urban Land Institute (ULI) | Project of the Year
* The Architects Newspaper - Best of Design Awards | Honorable Mention 2017 Mixed-Use
* American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) | Project of the Year - Category III
* South Florida Business Journal Structures Award | Best Mixed-Use Project
* Fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects (FLASLA) | Frederic B. Stresau Award
* Fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects (FLASLA) | Environmental Sustainability Honor
* Fellow of the American Society of Landscape Architects (FLASLA) | Award of Excellence