Arquitectonica provided comprehensive design services for Florida International University’s new School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), located at the Modesto Maidique Campus. To achieve FIU’s vision, the firm designed a new building dedicated to providing a state-of-the-art venue for a myriad of activities, classes, lectures, workshops, performances, conferences, and faculty / graduate student research.
The auditorium is positioned to act as the focal point of the building, housing both academic lectures and convocations of international educators and leaders. The technology incorporated within the structure allows for the broadcasting of these events to the global community along with the presentation of such events elsewhere in the world to the FIU population.
* AIA Florida | Honor Award of Excellence for New Work
* AIA Miami | Award of Excellence in Architecture
* AIA Miami | Sustainable Building Award
* Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) | Gold Award for Design
* ENR Southeast Construction, Best Construction of 2011 | Award of Merit - Green Building