A 61,000 SF museum and grounds including an auditorium, a library, a cafeteria, and classrooms, designed with children in mind. The forms represent the four elements (which are found in many fairy tales): earth, wind, water and fire. The earth building is the color of the “planet earth” and has a secret face hidden within the facade.
The water building has a wave-shaped wall and is colored blue. The wind building is light gray violet and has a winding ramp which circumnavigates it. The fire building is orange and has a jagged skyline. The sum of the parts is a space where the children can actively respond to and be engaged by their environment.
* Florida Builder’s Association Design Award | Design Award
* Florida Walls & Ceilings Contractors | Excellence in Design Award
* Tilt-Up Concrete Association | Tilt-Up Excellence in Achievement Award, Special Projects Division
* Construction Association of South Florida | Craftsmanship Award - Stucco
* Associated Builders & Contractors | Excellence in Construction Pyramid Award
* Association of the Walls & Ceilings Industry International | Excellence in Construction Quality Award
* Miami New Times | Best of Miami - Museum